- Sep 18 2022 - Oct 15 2022
- All Day
Period Action Day Oct 8 – Menstrual Products Drive
This September 18 through October 15th Will County NOW will be holding a menstrual/period products drive to help with the problem of period poverty, particularly amongst students:
- Nearly 1 in 4 students have struggled to afford period products in the United States
- Lower-income students and students of color (particularly Latinx students) are more impacted by lack of access than white and middle-income students
- 76% of students are taught more about the biology of frogs than the human female body in school.
- 51% of students have worn period products for longer than recommended.
Donations can be dropped off at Tracy’s house any time during that week.
To find out more about this cause please visit: https://period-action.org/
We will also be creating a petition to our state legislature to make Illinois prisons provide free menstrual products, in appropriate quantities, to all incarcerated menstruating persons. Right now Illinois lags behind many states (including most of the South!) in providing this basic health need/right: https://theprisonflowproject.com/the-big-picture/
One thought on “Period Action Day Oct 8 – Menstrual Products Drive”
Hello. I was at the August meeting. This is Audrey. Where can I drop off donations for the menstrual products drive?